S P O R T S...M A S S A G E
Sports or Remedial Massage as it is also known is for anyone who desires a deep massage that really works the muscles. It is invaluable for regular exercisers who need to sooth and detoxify sore muscles in preparation for the next bout of action. Equally it is just as beneficial for those who do not play sports but perhaps work in an office, or on a building site as it is extremely effective at loosening tight muscles and refreshing aching limbs.
Sports Massage uses a range of techniques such as:
Sports Massage has many benefits, here a just a few:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
Massage treatments last for at least 60 minutes and can be booked as stand alone sessions or combined with a Personal Training session for what is known as Fitness & Therapy.